What is a smart speaker?
A smart speaker is a device that allows users to interact with various technologies and services through voice commands. It typically includes a built-in voice assistant, such as Amazon’s Alexa or Google Assistant, which can perform tasks like playing music, setting alarms, answering questions, and controlling smart home devices.
Smart speakers are often portable and can be placed anywhere in a home or office, allowing users to easily access and use them from anywhere within range.
So… why would you listen to a podcast on a smart speaker
There are several reasons why someone might listen to a podcast on a smart speaker:
- Convenience: Smart speakers allow you to listen to podcasts hands-free, which can be convenient when you are doing other tasks around the house or in the car.
- Time-saving: Smart speakers allow you to access podcasts quickly and easily, without having to search through your phone or computer for the right app or website.
- Multi-tasking: Smart speakers allow you to listen to podcasts while doing other activities, such as cooking, exercising, or driving.
- Accessibility: Smart speakers allow you to listen to podcasts without having to look at a screen, which can be helpful for those who are visually impaired or have limited mobility.
- Social interaction: Some smart speakers, such as the Amazon Echo, have a “Drop In” feature that allows you to listen to podcasts with others in different locations, making it a social activity.
Ok… so how would I listen to a Podcast on a smart speaker?
To listen to a podcast on a smart speaker, you will need to have a smart speaker that is compatible with a streaming service that offers podcasts. Here are the general steps to follow:
- Make sure your smart speaker is connected to the internet and set up in your home.
- Open the app for the streaming service that offers podcasts (such as Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or Google Podcasts).
- Search for the podcast you want to listen to and select it.
- Use voice commands to ask your smart speaker to play the podcast. For example, you can say, “Hey Google, play the latest episode of [podcast name].”
- If you want to pause or stop the podcast, you can use voice commands like “pause” or “stop.”
- If you want to skip ahead or go back in the podcast, you can use voice commands like “skip forward” or “skip back.”
- If you want to adjust the volume, you can use voice commands like “volume up” or “volume down.”
I hope this was helpful and let me know how you get on!