As it’s the start of the year, I think it’s a great time to review your digital habits and to start to think of ways to make your life more productive, efficient and more pleasurable. This could be introducing new habits or…… getting rid of habits which could well be holding you back or taking you further away from your goals.
So… here are six really simple ways that you can use straight away to make your digital life simpler.
- Review your apps on your phone. Delete any apps that you don’t use, place apps with similar apps in folders and look at what apps you are using to see how long you are spending on them.
- Have a system for your emails. Have dedicated times to go and check them, use folders to save emails that you want to read later and unsubscribe from any newsletters that you never read.
- Use time blocking to organise your diary. Organise time each day for checking social media, family time and work. Make sure you stick to your time slots.
- Unsubscribe emails that you don’t read! I know I have already mentioned this but only receive information from companies that you are going to use. Deleting multiple newsletters will only waste your time further in the future.
- Automate where you can. Make sure you have systems that will save you time and stop you duplicating your activities. For example, setting up your emails to sync with your calendar will make your life simpler.
- Turn off your notifications! Check your messages, emails and social media on your terms and don’t be distracted by your phone flashing.
There are so many more options but if you start with these six, you’ll feel start to feel better.
Let us know what you think and how you get on!