In this Ted Talk, Simon Sinek presents a simple but powerful model for how leaders inspire action, starting with a golden circle and the question “Why”
His example include Apple, Martin Luther Kong and the Wright Brothers- and as a counterpoint TiVo, which (until a recent court victory that tripled its stock price) appeared to be struggling.
Here are a few things to think about…
- Remember that people don’t buy what you do, people buy why you do it.
- Remember the Golden Circle: Why, How, What.
- So…. What is your why? What are your causes and beliefs?
- Could you improve your 40/60 second pitch using this method?
- How can you use this method to increase your activity on social media?
- Are you living your best life by always working on your Why?
- Check out the Law of Diffusion. Does this relate to your business?
- How can you use the Law of Diffusion to give you the advantage in your market?
Let us know what you think!
(I’ll be sharing more of these in The Grow Academy when it launches in January 2020!).