In terms of engagement with your audience, nothing can beat Live Streaming and Video on Social Media. This is the number one topic that I talk to my customers about so here are a few top tips that will start to give you a better idea!
- Always record the video in Landscape or square so it is OK for Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram. Landscape or square for YouTube. If you are posting on Instagram/ Facebook Stories or IGTV, opt for Portrait.
- Ideal recording length is 60- 90 seconds for social media.
- If you are talking to the camera or interviewing someone, 5 to 30 minutes could be more suitable (although watch out as there are upper limits to how long a video can be on each platform).
- For all of your videos, consider holding them on your own YouTube Channel and implement them on your website.
- Make sure the lighting is good and the sound is audible.
- Make sure the backdrop of your video is clean, tidy and professional.
- Use a Tripod to keep the camera steady (or rest it against something stable).
- If you have a lapel microphone, use it to get the best audio (especially if you are outside).
- Look at the camera and not the screen (you will be then looking at the audience when they watch it back).
- Make sure you know what you are going to say before pressing record and place notes by the camera.
- Always watch it back if you are not sure about the content, lighting or sound is good enough to post on-line.
- Upload at the highest quality you can (1080 HD is the recommended quality).
- If you don’t like it, delete it and start again!
If you have any other tips that you would like to share, let me know and if you do want to improve your confidence with video, come and join us on our 14 Day Video Challenge!